How to get to Knokke-Heist without issues?
The popular seaside resort serves as the backdrop for the start of the time trials during the 2021 UCI Road World Championships. The riders will cycle through the town centre for the first few miles. As a result, driving into town or parking near the course is therefore impossible. Those coming to Knokke-Heist are advised to leave their cars at a distance and continue their journey by train or bicycle.
The best way to get to the World Championships time trial easily is by bike.
- Every destination remains accessible and there are no detours.
- Bicycle stands at the station, the St. Margaret's Church or on the Rubensplein. You can park your bicycle there.
Park-and-Bike car parks will be set up on the periphery of Knokke-Heist. These car parks are easy to access from the motorway and are no more than a 30-minute bicycle ride from the event venue. The route to the track will be marked.
|Dudzelestraat (via the exit to Zuienkerke)||Knokke-Heist|
|P. Dhondstraat (via exit 18)||Lissewege|
The coastal tram connects Knokke-Heist with all the other seaside resorts. There is a tram every 15-20 minutes and the “Knokke Station” stop is near the circuit.
Travelling by train is also an option.
- The train station of Knokke is located near the World Championship circuit and is just a 15-minute walk from the start zone.
- Moreover, you enjoy a 50% discount on Saturdays and Sundays with a weekend ticket.
- The NMBS will be putting on additional trains during the championship week.
You can find more information and a journey planner .
No station with connection to Knokke near you? Park your car in an NMBS car park in the station of your choice and finish your journey by train.Train travellers can park their car in an NMBS car park at discounted rates. .
For those who are not coming to the UCI Road World Championships, but still need to get around Knokke-Heist:
- Use Waze or Google Maps. There will be several road closures in Knokke-Heist. So do not rely on your sat-nav or your knowledge of the region.
- Follow the signs that have been set up locally.
- Be aware that it may take longer to get to your destination because of the diversions and traffic.
If you are not travelling to the World Championships, consider choosing another destination or postponing your trip. If you do intend to travel by car during the World Championships, we recommend that you use Waze or Google Maps for the most current traffic updates as many roads will be (temporarily) closed. However, every destination remains accessible on foot or by bike.
You can find more information about the traffic measures on .