How to get to Leuven without issues?
The finals of the road races will wind their way through the city centre of Leuven. The local loop winds its way through the city centre of Leuven. As a result, driving into town or parking near the course is therefore impossible. Those coming to Leuven are advised to leave their cars at a distance and continue their journey by train or bicycle.
The best way to easily get to the World Championships road race is by bike, of course.
- Every destination remains accessible and there are no detours.
- Bicycle stand near the station and in Tervuursevest, where you can safely park your bike.
In addition, many park-and-bike car parks will be provided on the outskirts of Leuven. These car parks are easily accessible by car and are within cycling distance of the route in Leuven. The route to the track will be marked.
|Parking zone Blokkenstraat||Bertem|
You can travel by train to the station of Leuven, which is situated along the World Championship course.
- The station is about a 15-minute walk from the finish zone.
- You enjoy a 50% discount on the ticket price on Saturdays and Sundays with a weekend ticket.
- The NMBS will be putting on additional trains during the World Championships.
You can find more information and a journey planner .
No station with connection to Leuven near you? Park your car in an NMBS car park in the station of your choice and finish your journey by train. Train travellers can park their car in an NMBS car park at discounted rates. .
|Aarschot||1255 spots (free on Saturday en Sunday)|
|Tienen||970 spots (free on Saturday en Sunday)|
For those who are not coming to the UCI Road World Championships, but still need to get around Leuven:
- Use Waze or Google Maps. Do not rely on your sat-nav or your knowledge of the region. Many of the streets in Leuven and the surrounding region will be closed until all the riders have passed through.
- Follow the signs that have been set up locally.
- Be aware that it may take longer to get to your destination because of the diversions and traffic.
- Use the surrounding stations and parking possibilities outside of Leuven indicated by Waze or Google Maps.
If you are not travelling to the World Championships, consider choosing another destination or postponing your trip. If you do intend to travel by car during the World Championships, we recommend that you use Waze or Google Maps for the most current traffic updates as many roads will be (temporarily) closed. However, every destination remains accessible on foot or by bike.
You can find more information about local accessibility of the city .
Don’t forget to get to the event in good time. So you won’t miss the spectacle of this anniversary edition of the World Cycling Championships!